Thursday, August 28, 2014

Harvest, here we come!

Well, that was certainly a longer break from the blog than anticipated, but here I am, back again, 4 years later! Since I last wrote, I've done 3 harvests in British Columbia, but I'm now back in California, and back at Babcock Winery, on the eve of the first day of this year's harvest. Harvest is so crazy, there's really no time to be writing a blog, but this year I'm in a bit of a unique situation. I'm taking a couple of winemaking courses this fall, so I'll have a couple days off per week from the harvest madness. I'm hoping to have time to post here as well as get my schoolwork done. The rest of today's post will be pictorial, showing you the progress of some Pinot Noir grapes at Babcock since budbreak in spring.

Budbreak, early March :





At 4 weeks after budbreak:




At 7 weeks:





At 8 weeks, flowering!:




Vine growth at 8 weeks:



At 12 weeks, berries forming:



At 14 weeks:



At 16 weeks:



Vine growth at 16 weeks:


At 17 weeks:




At 18 weeks, Veraison!

At 20 weeks:


Vine growth at 20 weeks:


at 21 weeks:


At 22 weeks:


At 23 weeks, almost ready to go!




No comments:

Post a Comment